Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Bad moods are contagious!"

Have you ever noticed that at work when a few people are in a bad mood it is contagious? I have been trying to keep from "catching" that damn mood all day. Well, it did not work. Now I am in a bad mood. What gives? How does this happen? Have you ever noticed that at work, when things run smoothly it runs smoothly for everyone, when things are crazy it seems like everyone is whacked out. I am trying to learn to keep my good mood, so to speak, but find it difficult sometimes. One time I stopped what I was doing, and tried to center myself, and it literally felt like everything was in slow motion and it seemed everyone else was running around like tornadoes trying to keep up. So my question is what can we do not to get caught up in everyone else's moods? What has worked for me in the past is going outside to be with nature for a few minutes, or having a cup of coffee. But when I don't have time to do that, is when it gets hard. One time I started to sing and that helped but everyone thought I was crazy. I think I would rather people thought I was crazy than get caught up is in someone else's drama. What do you think?

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment