Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"A simple challenge."

Well, I posted my introduction to my book to the right of my blog below home. I will post a chapter every week.

I have met so many amazing people on my journey to this point. I will be 44 on November 28th. 44 years on this planet, Wow! What I have learned is that everyone is so different and I realize because we are so different we cannot put our ideals onto others. I mean of course we are human and unfortunately humans judge. But, When I step out of my head and look past judgment I can see how incredible people really are. Here is an example; I don't have kids and never wanted kids, and in the past I would sometimes feel sorry for those women with kids. One day while at my spot, (Dos Coyotes, Mondays afternoon) it was a quiet and peaceful afternoon, when I heard children voices, my first thought was "no, not now" I immediately stopped the negative voice in my head and simply observed the family without judgment. There was a couple my age, with 3 adopted small children. To small Asian boys under two years old, from different Asian countries, and a boy around 5 who was in a wheel chair and appeared to be mentally challenged. I watched this family and saw something magical. I saw peace, unconditional love and joy. This couple has chosen to give their whole selves to these children and in that simple act of loving 3 displaced children they have made a difference in the world. I went and told the couple that I thought they were amazing and thanked them for the opportunity to watch their wonderful family. I just wanted to share this with you. Here is a simple challenge for this week, try to catch a judgmental thought when it occurs, stop and look past the thought at that particular person, look with love, and see what happens. You may be surprised, I know I was.

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. That was a lovely story, Lauren. It amazes me to see how much some people give of themselves for others. I sometimes think about the gifts you give to your residents, gifts you are mostly not even aware of, yet gifts that mean so much to them.

    ReplyDelete