Friday, September 10, 2010

"Enjoy life right now!"

One of my best friends, Debbie had a comment on yesterday's blog. She said it reminded her of a quote, one that I have never heard before, it said "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." I love that. Thank you Debbie!

Sometimes I feel we have several life times in one life. When I look at my life when I was 16, 24, or even 30 it seems like a completely different person. Sometimes I think, WOW! I did that. Other times I think thank God, I don't do that anymore. Life is so amazing. I mean, look back at who you were, what you have learned, and who you are now. What do you see? I feel that I have kept the best part of me and learned from the pain and mistakes. Isn't that the journey of life? My mom told me about a 3 day bicycle ride she took with a friend of hers on an island off of Korea. She is 65 years old and she road in a typhoon, in pouring rain, and in wind that almost knocked her down, than the next day she road in 110 degree heat, and she loved it! I bet when she was 25 years old she would not have imagined the incredible life she leads. We don't have to be rich, thin, or famous, we just have to have the freedom to be who we are, or who we choose to be. What ever age you are right now, and whatever you are doing, you can enjoy life right now!

Have an incredible weekend, and have fun!

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. That quote came from Dr. Seuss of all people. I love it!

    ReplyDelete