Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Just something to think about."

Have you ever noticed how people view themselves? I can only imagine that women are worse than men, but I could be wrong. It amazes me how women see themselves. When I am at curves the thinner women are just as insecure with their bodies than the bigger women. No one seems happy with their bodies. At least that is what I have noticed. How can we change that? Or can we? I think we have to start with changing how we look at things. Is it that simple just to change the way we think? We have been programed to think a certain way. So, I guess we have to reprogram ourselves. We need to start loving ourselves more. I was my own worst enemy for years, now I am my own best friend. But, yes there is a but, it takes practice and a couscous effort to stay out of my head and to be positive. I have noticed it takes more than just being positive, it takes being present, and loving yourself and each other. I have to stop myself every day not to judge myself and others. It is easier now, and it is amazing how life is better when you treat yourself and others better. It is possible to change. How many of us want to change? How many of us think we are to old to change? Or do we even think about it? How many of us just simply exist? Maybe that is OK. That is the question? Just something to think about.

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. At 65 I weigh 135 pounds. At 20, it was 110. 25 pounds in 45 years. When I look at my growing belly, I think oh how great if I could just get back to 130 or better 125, 120. But you're right about the crazy thinking we do. When I weighed 110, I thought I was too fat. So if I did get back to 125 or 120, would I be satisfied with my body? And I'm 65. What the heck am I doing thinking about how my body looks. I eat right and exercise daily - what more do I need? Crazy, as you say.

    ReplyDelete