Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Our freedom is just a thought away"

Someone asked me a question, so this topic is fresh in my mind. It is about when other people in our lives, whether it is co-workers, friends, spouses etc. push our buttons and we feel frustrated, hurt, or unloved. (and all the other feelings that come up) It usually has nothing to do with that person. Did you know that? It has to do with our "perceptions" and "thoughts" usually based in the past. People are just living their lives like the rest of us. They don't go around trying to make us upset. They are just being who they are. So, we have to change our perceptions, and thoughts, totally accept them for who they are, or suffer. Which do you choose? For years I did this to my mom. My mom was just being herself, but everything she did and said I viewed it through my perceptions of the past. For years I was hurt and hurt her, but when I realized it was me who was doing this. I caused not only my suffering but hers as well. Do you know how incredible it feels, to just have a normal, peaceful conversation with my mom, without all the bullshit I created. It is FREEDOM! I know this may seem strange, but it is true. No one has power over you unless you give it to them. But remember one thing, it is the ego's mind that does this, this is not who we are. We have the power to live fulfilled lives, peaceful lives, and a life full of joy and laughter, right now! Everything in life, and I mean everything including how we live our lives is based on our perceptions and thoughts. Our freedom is just a thought away.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment