Thursday, September 2, 2010

"What is that word again, oh yeah, patience."

You know how people say " It is not about the Destination, it is about the Journey", for the most part I believe that. But I tell you sometimes it is hard, I have learned so much in my life, but I cannot seem to conquer "patience". I mean, my life's journey up to now, has been incredible. Even through the hard times, I learned and grew from them and "yes" they made me stronger. I am so grateful for what I have. I even love my job, and I love my residents. But I get so excited about my vision and my dream that I am like a kid. I have no patience, and want it now! The truth is, I hate that attitude, I just can't seem to change it. Talk about being in "the now", I have not been in the now this whole week. What I have noticed is that if I am present I have a great week, But this week has been difficult because I am too busy being in the future. The key is balance! Having a goal or a dream is wonderful, but you need to still be present, you still need to live in the now. The truth is when you are in the now, you see things more clearly. I wonder how many things I missed because I was in La La land. So, if you have a dream for the future, put it out to the universe, be present, pay attention to your surroundings, and take one day at a time. In other words BE PATIENT! Now if I can just follow my own advice.


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment