Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"An Angel named Ozzy"

I have a new angel in my life. His name is Ozzy, I got him at the dollar store. Well, it was actually in front of the dollar store for $10. He was an adorable 5 week old puppy, all white. He is half Lab and half Austrian Shepard. I now have 9 pets; 3 cats, 2 dogs, 3 ducks, and one African Grey parrot. Each give me such joy. But there is something different about this dog. I haven't felt this way about an animal since Gremlin died. Gremlin was my wise little soul, and Ozzy helps me get in touch with my child within. He is innocent, trusting, playful, loving, just like a child. Something that is foreign to me. I love him so much. I use to dislike kids and in the past I would not have had much patience for my little boy. But, now I am different, I love everything he is and accept him for who he is. I love it when you learn something about yourself. Ozzy did that for me he was my mirror. He showed me that I had changed, and grown a lot over the past two years. He has taught me patience and unconditional love. Each of my pets have given me something wonderful. Gringo (the parrot) brings laughter into my life, the ducks taught me acceptance, Chimay (my other dog) has given undivided loyalty, and my cats give me plenty of lovin'. Aren't pets wonderful! I am so grateful for my little friends they are such a blessing.

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I know that I sure get a new pet but I am not just ready yet. Someday I will be I just miss my Cupid

    ReplyDelete