Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"The "shoulds" in life"

How is everybody doing today? I hope you all are having a great week! If you are not, how can you change that? Can you look at a situation differently? Can you let it go? Sometimes it is hard when things don't go the way they should. Notice the word I used,"should". This is one word that will give us all a head ache. Pay attention when you use or think of this word. Why? Because the truth is the word "should" is what we use to put our beliefs or values onto someone else. He "should" be doing this that way, she "should" know better not to do that. They "should" be treating me better. No one should be doing anything but be themselves. We don't realize how totally different we are as human beings. I hate it when someone tells me "it is common sense", for who, for them? There are so many different ways to do things, different beliefs, values, cultures etc. I have to stop myself because I put "should" on other people as well. When I stop and ask someone why they do things the way they do, I actually learn something. So, check it out and see how many "shoulds" you find yourself saying or thinking. You "should" do this, NOT, only if you want too.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment