Friday, September 17, 2010

"Be the silent observer."

Today was Hawaiian Day at my work. We had a great day. We had Hawaiian dancers and served poo poos (appetizers in Hawaiian) I was reading some historical facts about Hawaii. Did you know on one of the islands at a specific place the wind blows from east to west at 27 knots every day, 24 hours, 365 days a year. How crazy is that. That is amazing. This world is such an incredible place. There are amazing things that happen every day. The problem is most of us are too caught up in the daily drama to even notice. I can now be a silent observer and watch what happens at work while everyone around me gets caught up in the smallest things. And believe you mean, I am not perfect sometimes I catch myself getting caught up as well. But when I notice I can usually take myself out of the drama, and be at peace. I also can see one specific person who rarely comes to our site, but when she does, all peace disappears and I am in my in my head. My stomach gets nervous, and I get nauseous. Isn't it crazy how we let people effect our lives. One thing I have learned is the minute I think so and so "should" be doing that, or why is she doing this, I know that I need to step back and stop, because that is how usually things get started. I think life would be so much nicer if we take the time to just be with each other and accept them for who they are. I don't like everyone that I work with, but I try to see the best in them and when they push my buttons, I know that is my problem not theirs. I stop the negative thoughts. It is not easy but it is working for me. Try being the silent observer and see what happens.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment