Saturday, September 18, 2010

"So, the lesson learned is....."

This is the forth week I have been riding my bike to work. I have also ridden to, Curves, twice on the trail, and around the neighborhood and I have lost 0 pounds. I don't get it. My paints don't feel any different. It is difficult when you work hard at something and you don't seem to get anywhere. Whether it's at work, on relationships, dieting, or what ever it does not seem fair. I mean, what are we suppose to be learning? When I stop my pity party, and yes I invited everyone to join along with me, I can look past the disappointment of not losing any weight. There is actually a lot to see, for instance, I have noticed that just by riding my bike I seem to be an inspiration to others. When you see a fat girl on a bike you automatically think "good for her" I get a lot of smiles and hellos, people are actually very friendly and courteous. I notice the quiet around me, it is so peaceful to ride to work. Today is a cooler day and the fresh air felt so good. I also noticed that it is getting easier to ride up that darn hill, and every time I make it, I am proud of myself. My husband and I are getting new bikes (we have old used ones that don't work very well) and we are committed to make a change in our lives, to be more in nature, to get out of the house and play more, to get into shape and most importantly to spend quality time together. So, the lesson learned is: When life seems unfair, and you think your working your butt off for nothing, look again, open your eyes you may see something you never seen before.


Lauren

2 comments:

  1. See that... that is awesome. You might not have gotten the result that you were hoping for... yet you got a result that wasn't expected. That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promise me one thing though don't get discouraged you didn't put all of your weight on in one month so it will take a while for it to come off but the point is it will come off i'm so proud of you Lauren keep up the good work love ya
    TXKANDYKANE

    ReplyDelete