Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Change is good."

Well it has been three weeks since I started riding my bike to work. It still isn't any easier than the first time. I don't get it. I thought it would be much easier by now. What I have learned over the years is that change is difficult. I am trying to change my thoughts, my eating habits, and start enjoying exercise. Do you think I am asking for too much? Actually, nothing is impossible, but it does take time and patience. I think some people have the wrong idea about the word "change". I mean, I believe that some people think the only reason you need to "change" is because something is "wrong" or "bad", but that is not necessarily the case. I remember when I was in my teens and at a boarding school in Israel, I was so head strong that change for me meant I wasn't good enough and I had to prove to everyone that I was good enough. I remembered working in the refet (cow shed) and I wanted to prove to the "boys" because I was the only girl working there, that I was just as strong as them. I would take 15 hundred pound bushels of hay and drag them from place to place to feed the cows only to prove my point. The truth is what the heck was the point of that in the first place. Now for me change is a good thing, without change life would be boring and sometimes a little change can go a long way. You also can't forget the serenity prayer "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." So, anything in your life you want to change?
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment