Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Are you your best friend?"

How many of us obsess over things? I have been obsessing for over six weeks. As you already know, I have been trying to lose weight and been riding my bike like crazy. Still nothing, well I did pig out for three days after 5 weeks of not losing anything. But, I realize it is such a waste of time to obsess about it. I have not be present, and have missed so much. How often do we do this in life, if it is not one thing it is another. Not only do we obsess, we worry, get frustrated about things we cannot control. It is crazy! What amazes me is we do this to ourselves, no one does it to us. Why do we do this to ourselves? Do we want to suffer? Someone told me once that people would rather suffer because at least it is something they know vrs. the unknown. I don't get it. I want to live life to the fullest. I love the unknown, I think it is exciting and it is a heck a lot better than suffering. I remember writing before about how we need to be are best friends instead of our worst enemies. Are you your best friends? I am most of the time, but not lately. Lets spoil ourselves rotten and enjoy life, shall we.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment