Friday, October 1, 2010

"What I wish for"

Every morning at 9:30 I lead the exercises for my residents. These are new exercises I made up with Rock N Roll music. What I love is the fact that for 30 min. I am so connected to these incredible human beings. We are one entity, together feeling happy and alive. The last song is "What a Wonderful World" and you can feel the energy in the room, of peace and love. When I look into their eyes I see beyond their bodies, I see them, their true selves, their soul full of love. And then after we clap and cheer the experience is gone. We are back as individuals going along the road of life with our normal routines. We still enjoy each others company when we play UNO, or bean bag toss, but it is not the same. For 30 minutes a day I know what it means to be a part of something big, being connected to something deeper than just any one person. This is who we truly are, not this body, or ego, but the true self. The true self of being a piece of God. So, when I continue to talk about being present and the ego's mind it is because it is so important. I wish everyone could truly see who they really are. Now that would be a wonderful world.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment