Friday, October 8, 2010

"Going with the flow of things"

I have had a great week. I feel at peace. It is a new feeling for me. I mean, I have felt peace within from time to time, especially in nature, but not at work or during my daily routine. I love it! I still have stuff going on in my head, that does not stop. Did you know that? The chatter in our head never really stops, it just becomes quieter as we find the inner peace. At least that's what people say. I did something crazy the other day, my husband and friend thought it was a mean thing to do. I did not think so, I just went with the flow of things. About a year ago as I was driving to Dos Coyotes, I heard a voice that said for me to turn right, and I felt as though I was lead to the cemetery, weird huh. I did not know why I was there and was complaining in my head how ridiculous this was. No one was there except for one lady sitting next to a grave, I went and talked with her telling her that I was lead here and did not know why. I came to find out that lady had just lost her 21 year old son named Jacob. I don't remember much what I said to her and went on my merry way. Never thought of her and her son again. One year later for about a week, every time I would drive by I thought of them, I even forgot their names and the next thing I knew their names just popped in my head. I had recently bought a beautiful butterfly pendent and wanted to do something special with it. It was still in my purse for two weeks. I wanted that pendant, it cost me $34 but some how, I was again led to the cemetery looking for Jacobs grave. I found it, and I actually left the pendant in a box for Jacob's mom. What was weird was just a week later was the anniversary of his death. I wrote to Tammy love Jacob. I felt strange about what I did, because of what my husband said, but later that day while hosing off the patio a butterfly was dancing right by me, literally at arms length, and I swore I heard a voice that said, "thank you", I know it sound weird, but I think it was Jacob, OK, so now you know, I am pretty nutty! I hope one day I run into Tammy and see her wearing that pendant, of course I would never tell her that it was me who put it on Jacob's grave, but I still hear that voice in my head "that was mean", so I hope she was happy and everything turned out well.
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's a cool story... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete