Monday, October 11, 2010

"I Don't Just Want to Survive, I Want to Thrive!"

Hello world!!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I have started the publishing process on my book, and working on a press release. Scary and exciting at the same time. And, of course I am observing the voice in my head, boy it is in full throttle. I am just laughing at my self and all the nonsense it is saying. Lauren, no body will like it. You think you can write but the teachers were right and you can't. People will know your darkest secrets, are you STUPID OR WHAT!!!!! And it goes on and on. But I have to take the chance. There is no such thing as failure as long as you 1. learn from the experience and 2. never give up. I hope I have the stamina on the never give up part. I mean, the chapters I have shared so far are nothing compared to whats coming. My next chapter is about my molest, and It is a scary thing to broad cast to the world. Ok, now I am in my head again. I have to remind my self why I wanted to do this in the first place. We are not alone out there, and even though we all have had different experience, we know what it feels like to be sad, hopeless, scared, angry, and we know what laughter and joy is. So, in that perspective we are similar. The only way to face what is ahead is to go"through it", unless you choose to avoid it. I rather go "through" and get it over with. Every time I try to avoid something it ends up crashing down all around me. So, I believe that in sharing my experience I can inspire others that they to can face their pain and not just survive in this world but thrive and to remind them that they are not alone.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment