Thursday, October 7, 2010

"This is so cool!"

I am having a great week. My co-workers have been stressed running around the place, they have been moody, gossiping and I am still great. I am actually doing it, not letting outside drama get to me and ruin my day. I could never do that before, I would let them take my energy, and get just as stressed. How cool is that! Another thing that I have noticed is the two co-workers that I disliked, one who's was so hyper she drove me nuts, the other I perceived as a snooty, conceited bitch that look down on others, I have embraced both of them. I did this several weeks ago, and now it is actually working, I have accepted them and my first perceptions where wrong. Now, I laugh at the hyper one that has been so disruptive, and I join her and together we make the residents laugh. The other lady was more difficult, every time I knew she would be working, I thought to myself, oh no, there goes my day. Not true, I changed the way I looked at her, and looked past my perceptions, and now we laugh and we now support each other. It is so cool. This can work, we can make our work places enjoyable and a happier place. Just remember we don't know what is going on in the lives of others, and why they do the things they do, we relate to them only through our perceptions. The truth is most of the time our first perceptions are wrong.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment