Monday, October 25, 2010

"People are interesting"

I hope everyone had a glorious weekend. It was pouring rain on Sunday, so my husband and I watched the Borne Identity Trilogy and hung out in our pajamas. It was awesome! I watched a show the other day and one of the characters said" there are two types of people, one of having and the other of being." He went on to explain the "having" people live their lives acquiring things, while the "being" people live for the experiences and sharing with others. I thought that was great. I honestly believe it is true. The question is can you be both? I think you can but there is one more dominant then the other. I definitely live for the experiences, but the most important "things" in my life, well, I wouldn't exactly call them things are my pets. But then again my relationship with them is an experience. This is very interesting to me. The character finished the conversation by saying that in 1960 public storage's did not exist and now there are 2.35 billion square footage of self storage units in the United States. (I had my husband look up the info from the program) Can you believe it. Life and people are so interesting. I find myself instead of judging them being in awe of how interesting and different we are. Or maybe that is just a polite way to judge. Who knows?
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment