Saturday, October 2, 2010

"What is a "pain body"?"

Do you ever get nervous in the pit of your stomach? Tolle, calls it the "pain body", this happens when you feel anxiety, sadness, anger, etc. and it manifests in the body, mine is in my stomach. Other people feel it in their heart, their head or where ever. I have been totally aware when it occurs. Most of the time I know what triggers it, sometimes I don't. But what is fascinating is when I know why it happens, the reasons are so absurd. Once I felt it because I say a certain person e-mailed me, and even before I read it, my stomach was in turmoil. By the way the e-mail was positive and fine. So what is up with that? Then one time I had no idea why I was in the"pain body", It got worse because I was trying to figure out the why? I noticed how we get our selves worked up for absolutely nothing. It amazes me what we do that to ourselves. I mean, I know we don't like to suffer, but we sure do it to ourselves over and over again. I am learning to observe the feeling in my stomach, get out of my head (which makes it worse) and then it just drifts away. It is pretty cool, when you can notice these things, catch them and make positive changes. I just need to 1. Be me, no matter what 2. Stay out of my head and judgments and 3. Accept others and send them love. I am trying on a daily basis to do this, not so easy, but I am getting better. Yeah!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment