Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Lets start thriving, shall we"

I want talk about "surviving" vs. "thriving". I believe that society teaches us to merely survive. They say basically get a job, get married and have children. Now, don't get me wrong that sounds like a great little life. However, we don't live in a society that teaches us to thrive. Not one teacher I ever met asked me "what is you passion?" They only taught us English, Math, etc. the basics for survival. I mean, look at organizations for helping people, like WEAVE, or drug and alcohol programs, again, survival, get out, get clean, get a job. You tell me, do you know of any high school or programs that takes it to the next level and teach people to thrive. So, now the question is what would the world look like if we were all thriving. We would have jobs that we love, because the people that ran the organizations would have been taught differently, they would know how important the work place needed to be for their employee. We would follow are passions because the teachers at school would help us find our strengths and help them flourish. We would have organizations that would help victims (which would be less of by the way) and show them all the possibilities there are in the world. It is never to late to change. Even if it is baby steps. Lets start thriving, shall we.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment