Monday, October 18, 2010

"It could have been a wonderful bike ride."

I went on a bike ride on Sunday. It started raining in the morning and I thought my husband said it will be raining until around 11:00 am. So I was happy with the excuse for not bike riding because I had to be somewhere around noon. So I was working on the table of contents and copyright page of my book. Then he said "Are you done yet, the rain stopped lets go bike riding." I was not in the mood, and started complaining and being totally in "ego mode" then he gave me some other news that his car was stalling and had to be looked at. I thought "oh no!, more money to throw away" So, now I am really racing in my head. I had the most miserable bike ride ever, not only did it seem like it lasted forever, it was like my body did not want to work. No matter how hard I tried to push myself, I had no energy, it was way more difficult than before. I was in my head the whole time and it effected everything. I finally said to myself, "that is enough! we are not having a pity party, so stop it!" But by then it was too late, my body was aligned with the ego, and when I finally was getting out of it, the bike ride was over. What a waste of energy, time and what could of been a wonderful bike ride. Just a another example of how the ego took over and I lost myself. Well, not next time!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment