Monday, October 4, 2010

"How do you see the world?"

My book, "A touch on the Shoulder"is about a journey of self-discovery. While growing up I never fit in. I was always searching for a place to belong, asking the questions who am I? What is my purpose? Why am I here? I traveled the world, meet incredible people and had the adventure of a life time. But the answers to all the questions in my head did not come from searching outside myself, it came from within. I searched for over 35 years outside myself. I know you all heard this before that the answers lies within ourselves, but because we are human we have to discover that on our own. I have read inspiring books, went to incredible seminars, and meet wonderful insightful people, but YOU have all the answers already. The truth is it is a life time of discoveries. That is actually is not a bad thing, it is a wonderful thing. To be in a continual awe your whole life, even when your 80, now that is amazing. There is only one truth we come from God, we are perfect right now. So, you may ask than whats with all the questions and searching? Because God created each of us as an unique being to create a life of our choosing and some where along the line we forgot that. It doesn't matter if we choose to live a simple life of joy with our spouse, have a family, be an author, or be Oprah. As long as you are in awe of a flower when your 80 years old, you will be just fine. Because in that flower is a refection of you, actually how you see that flower is a reflection of you. How you see the world, the people around you is all a reflection of you. So if you see beauty in the world, that comes from within. How do I know this because for over 35 years I only saw a world of pain, suffering and despair. The world hasn't changed, I have, and now I see beauty, joy, excitement, and a little suffering when I am in my head. Hey, it is a work in progress. So, my friends how do you see the world?
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I see it as a wonderful place ,not knowing what is in each hour that is the fun of living not knowing

    ReplyDelete