Monday, September 27, 2010

"A cat named Gremlin"

Before I was married I lived alone and I was going through some difficult times. I was struggling to survive, not just financially but from the depth of my soul. I felt alone, and I had ideas of suicide, I know I would never actually do it. But, boy I hated life. The one thing that kept me going was my cat, Gremlin. I believe that our pets are angels sent from God. Yes, I said it! And I actually believe it. He was an incredible little soul. When I looked into his eyes, I saw something I had never seen before, and never seen since. A deep connection, I believe we were actually looking at each others spirits. Some people think only humans have souls, not me, when I looked at this incredible animal he spoke to me. Not like words, but from a deep knowing or understanding. I loved him more than anything. I lived in an apartment, and one day I promised him I would live in a house and he would have a yard, and grass just for him. Well, after I meet my husband and the world around me got way better, I finally got that back yard I promised him. He had a ball just exploring his little world. One day while I was sitting on a lounge chair reading my book, he came up to me and laid on my belly, and we looked at each other, and right at that moment again I saw it, from that deep place within, he said "thank you", I know I may sound crazy but I saw the gratitude in his eyes. In 2005 my little friend was diagnosed with cancer, we did not know how long he had. But, I knew he stilled had life in him so we would spend our time outside in his yard, on the grass together. On day, while he was laying on the futon in the guest bedroom, I saw it in his eyes that he was ready. I thanked him for everything he had given me. I told my husband to say his goodbyes, and the next day, both my husband and I stood by his side while he silently left this earth. I think of the quote my friend told me by Dr. Seuss "Don't smile because it is over, smile because it happened." Gremlin was my angel, he was a wise little soul that gave me strength, love and hope. I have no idea why I am writing this to you today, but something was guiding me today for reasons unknown, maybe it was Gremlin.
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Ah... you made me cry! Thanks for this entry, you definitely hit me right in my soft spot. RIP Gremlin... =)

    ReplyDelete