Friday, September 24, 2010

"We can learn a lot from each other."

I love people! Working with seniors citizens with all their different personalities is awesome! I have learned so much since I have been here. Being an Activity Director is a fun job, but sometimes not as easy as it may seem. Some of the things I have learned are tolerance, patience (well at least my residents say I am patient) empathy, and unconditional love. When you work with over 50 people and all their differences, and your job is to provide services for them, it changes everything. They are not your equal, you are there for the sole purpose of catering to them. At the beginning I found it difficult to work with some of them. They were ornery, brash, and sometimes downright rude. But, once I realized that I was the one that had the problem, I changed the way I looked at them. Now, I love them all for who they are, and what bothered me before no longer does. They make me smile. I give them love from my heart and they give me back so much more. Now, the employees where a little harder to do this with, but I have done it! I have learned to see the good in everyone I work with, and when something comes up, I know that I am the one that has an issue, and I have a choice to suffer, or change the way I think. It works! I mean just think if everyone was the same how boring that would be. I love people and sometimes it is difficult, but it makes life easier to find the good in them instead dealing with the opposite.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment