Monday, August 30, 2010

"What a concept?"

Hey everybody, it will take more time to put up my chapters from my book. I will do it when I can. I hope you had a great weekend. I was reading my book at Dos Coyotes on a Sunday, which is out of my norm. There were a lot of people, mostly families and there I was sitting by myself but felt so connected with these strangers around me. Children were running around, people were laughing and I was totally present. It was an incredible feeling. I stopped reading and just looked at the people around me and smiled. I don't know how to explain it. I felt them, connected to their essence, to the God in them. I felt the wind, the trees, and everything seemed brighter. In the past I would have been so annoyed with the kids, and the noise and would of felt lonely, being the only one by myself. Not that day, it was a great day. I am learning so much every day. I know it takes practice to be present, and I am actually learning patience. Well, I don't know about that one, but I am trying. I am however not getting obsessed about my final destination, my goals end, and taking the time to slow down and just be. So, lets try that this week, to just slow down and just be. What a concept.
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Is the 'god in them' different than the god in you and I?

    ReplyDelete