Monday, August 23, 2010

"Find 3 things you're grateful for."

What are you grateful for? There is a whole world out there full of things and people to be grateful for. I am grateful for my husband, my friendships, my residents, my pets, my health. These are the typical things people are grateful for. What about the things we take for granted, I mean how many of us take the time to grateful for a butterfly, a sunset, a smile from a stranger, or a tree blowing in wind. Do we, as humans take the time to be grateful for the little things? I mean do You? I can't believe all the beautiful things in the world, 20 years ago all I saw was ugliness and pain. But to actually see the world and all its wonder for the first time is amazing. I still have to be aware of what is going on in my head, and stop myself, otherwise the next thing I know I will be whining in my head about the things I can't control. But when I catch myself, things appear clearer, colors brighter and I am so grateful for this world. This week I want you to pay attention to your surroundings and I know some of you do, but try to just be aware when you're in traffic, or on your break at work. What are you grateful for? Find 3 new things every day to be grateful for and see what happens. I probably used this quote before, but I love it so it is worth repeating. "Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change." I am trying to do that with exercise, yeah, well I will let you know how that one turns out. Now Lauren get out of your head! This is a hard one, I must say. Can she do it? Will Lauren learn to love exercise and live a healthier life? Lets see shall we.
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. About 10 years ago, we had somewhat of a family reunion on Thanksgiving. I gave everyone a card and had them write down what they were grateful for. Then I took each person's picture and made a scrapbook, putting their picture next to what they were thankful for. The typical responses were, "family", "friends", "good health". I wrote that I was grateful for "my five senses"... see, hear, taste, smell, touch. I got so much grief for my response. Maybe cuz it was not the normal response everyone else put? But I stood by it. I can't even imagine not being able to see, to hear, etc. So to answer your first question... my reply is... I'm grateful for my five senses. Now don't go giving me any grief about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete