Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"The time has come!"

I talked to the people at Create Space (the self-publishing company) and my publisher. I own all the rights to my book and If a publishing company wants to pick it up they can. They help with marketing and they will write and send out over 1000 press releases all over the country and if anybody is interested in my book they can get in touch with me for articles etc. I can also have a real book critic write a review on my book. Because my book is already edited and I am making my own cover, it is free to upload my book to their site. You can order it through Amazon and through regular book stores. They get $3 a book and what ever price I decide for my book I keep the rest. The key is marketing. I can also use the press release to make my own contacts. I am not giving up on my dream. Remember when I quoted Napoleon Hill he said "98% of people fail because they give up." Well, I will never give up. I maybe scared to death, but fear, watch out because here I come. Here is a quote I wrote that is in the last chapter of my book. "The greatest gift you can give yourself is discovering who you are. The greatest gift you can give to others is being who you are."
Lauren Guarducci

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT QUOTE TOO THATS AWESOME&SO VERY TRUE TXKANDYKANE

    ReplyDelete