Thursday, August 5, 2010

"stop and smell the roses"

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! I had a great day with my residents. I love making them smile and bringing joy into their life. How many of us are so consumed with every day life, that we forget "to stop to smell the roses", sort of speak. I really wonder how many of us are in our own little worlds that we have know idea what is going on around us. I mean think about it. My neighbor who I know, well at least I know their names and say hi to them once in awhile. Well, on day she said "hey Lauren did you know I had a baby." I didn't even know she was ever pregnant. How crazy is that! We miss so much in the world. If everyone stop once in awhile and actually paid attention to there neighbor, or the guy at Starbucks, or the guy who sits two cubicles from you, I think the world would be a better place. The other day I saw this adorable older woman in the store, and I went up to her and said to her that I did not want to offend her but that I thought she was adorable in her dress and hat. She had a big smile on her face and told me that I made her day. So when ever I think of something positive I tell that person, even if they are strangers. So, here is my challenge to you, go out and say something nice to someone you would not normally talk to and see what happens. Have a great Friday!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment