Monday, August 9, 2010

"enjoying the moment"

I love Mondays, as you know Mondays are my day off. I was sitting at Dos Cayotes outside and watching the trees dancing in the wind. I watched this squirrel, he was communicating to a friend, I suppose, in his bizarre little language. Then I notice he was just relaxing on a tree branch while his tail was swaying in the wind. It was weird, I have never seen a squirrel do that before. We have tons of squirrels in our back yard and they are running around like crazy all day long. As I watched him I was thinking to myself, how do squirrels think? What is their thought process? I mean he was talking with something just a minute ago. At that moment he was just "being" no thoughts, no worries, no past or future to think about. He was just enjoying the moment and in actuality I was also enjoying the moment just watching him.
Before I found myself enjoying my little friend in the tree, just an hour before I was at Citibank desperately trying to workout an issue with my mortgage. I even said a little prayer that I would find an angel today to help me. To make a long story short, they screwed up and we ended up behind in our payment. I did not want to talk to these people in fear of ruining my day. So what happened, there was no angel in disguise and I cried like a baby, went to Dos Coyotes and was determined to have a great day and VOILA, I did. Maybe, my angel for today was in the form of a little squirrel laying so peacefully in a tree.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment