Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Be your own best Friend"

Do you know that you are more than the roles you play? We are mothers, daughters, fathers, teachers, secretaries, wives, husbands, co-workers, and all things in between. I believe we, as humans, put too much emphasis on the roles we play. We give our whole selves to our husband, kids, work and next thing we know life has passed us by. What I find interesting is that many woman have a hard time putting themselves first. I can't speak for men. Some may think they only put themselves first, but from my experiences I don't see that. I do see woman all over the world taking care of everybody else. The reason why it is important to put ourselves first is because when we do, we have more time for others. We feel refreshed and full of energy and we can totally give from the heart freely. Look at the roles you play on a daily basis. Where do YOU fit in? I hope you all take time for YOU because YOU deserve it. My favorite pass time is to read my book, or write outside at Dos Coyotes (restaurant), eat my favorite salad and sit with nature. Take time every week for you. One question, though, are you your best friend or your worst enemy? Be your best friend. Have a great weekend.


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment