Friday, August 13, 2010

"It could be worse, right?"

Well it is still pouring here where I am. This has been a week from hell, now I hurt my back and I am in pain. I took my residents to Coco's for pie and one of my ladie's legs gave out, and I was holding her up, and she could not stand on her own two legs. I was there for several minutes while the other residents were in the car and finally I saw a man on the other side of the parking lot and asked him for help. He just picked her up and plopped her in her seat. God, I hope everything is OK with my back. So, not again this is the third day of not being inspirational, not practicing being present, I am just totally in my head, in my pain, and am ticked off. OK now I feel a little better. I hope I am not boring everybody, I am just speaking my truth for the day and how I feel. One of my residents said she prayed for me, because what happen on Wednesday during the bible study. I guess I could use a lot of prayers right now. But it could be worse, right? So, when times get tough how do you deal with it? Do you grumble and complain, like me? Do you have a pity party and invite whom ever you can to join the party? Or do you think to yourself, things can be worse and wait for things to get better? I am going to go home and think of all the things I am grateful for and get out of my head. Anybody would like to share what they do when things go bad, I would love to know.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment