Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"what a wonderful world"

Today was amazing, I am so proud of myself. Some people through out your life will choose to dislike you for reasons unknown. It used to bother me when people disliked me, and in the past I would kiss up to them for approval. Thank God, I no longer do that. But when people were outright rude, hostel and purposely make your life miserable, sometimes you can't help but get upset. So, every time certain people would come into the building, I would give my power away and it would ruin my whole day and sometimes my week. (of course I did it to myself) Well, guess what, not today. Not only did I handle the situation 3 separate times during the day I did not let "cousin it" stir things up. I simply sang the words in my head from "what a wonderful world" (the skies are blue, the clouds are white, the bright blessed days, the dark sacred night and I think to myself what a wonderful world.) and it worked, I was centered in my body and felt peace, and it did not matter. They did not matter, I was doing the only thing I knew how to do, just be myself. So now I have a new tool to center myself when things get tough. In the book the "Power of Now", it says "When you know peace within, it is like the ocean when the water is turbulent on the surface, deep under the water it is always still". I felt that today and it was wonderful. So next time someone tries to make your life miserable, just remember you may never know the reason why, you will never change them, but you can choose how you will react, try singing the words to "what a wonderful world."I hope it works for you!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment