Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just one dream?

One of my dreams is finding that true inner peace. I use to say I just want to be happy. Everyone is happy here and there, right? I was always searching for happiness. In reading a book by Tolle, the power of now, he said happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not. Inner peace is always there, and when "shit happens" you still have you.
I have been battling my ego's mind for as long as I could remember. I am my worst enemy. I call the voice in my head cousin it. ( I can't take credit for coming up with that name) It is a challenge to be aware of the voice and not let it consume me. I am writing from the heart and I know my head, or cousin it, will be right there for the ride. It will be interesting to see if I can catch myself, or cousin it. This journey will be interesting to say the least.
I think the book the power of now is excellent and worth the read. However, I am struggling to make it happen. It is the hardest thing to be present, to be in the now. I see my mind thinking about work tomorrow, worrying about this bill or that phone call I should make. I HATE IT! We are human being that live totally in our heads and is sucks. For now I will leave you with this quote by John Randolph Price "Until you transcend the ego, you can do nothing but add to the insanity of the world." Crazy, huh.
chow for now

No comments:

Post a Comment