Monday, July 12, 2010

Do dreams come true?

My name is Lauren Guarducci and I have a dream. We all have dreams, goals, and ideas what we want our life to be. Don't we? I mean what I dreamed when I was a child is not even close to what I am doing now. When I was 10 years old I wanted to be an actress. When I was 20 I wanted to be the next Oprah. At age 30 I wanted to be an author and to write books, I started and then gave up. Here I am now 43 years old and I have a dream.
So my question is do dreams come true? or do we compromise ourselves or put our dreams on hold to raise kids, work a 9 to 5 job, be a wife, a daughter and all things in between. One thing I have learned is I have been so busy "wanting" that sometimes I forget to live. I saw a quote the other day by Oscar Wilde that said "To live is the rarest thing in the world, most people exist, that is all"
I don't want to just exist, I want to live.
The reason my blog is called "A touch on the shoulder" is because that is the name of the book I have written. (not yet published) I will talk about that later.
For now I am starting this blog today and will continue to write, no matter what. So when my ego's mind consumes me, you will know, or when I am raw with emotions, you will know or even when I am flying high and life is good you will definitely know.
So I am inviting you to come along with me on my journey and together lets find out: DO DREAMS COME TRUE? Let see shall we.

No comments:

Post a Comment