Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today is another day.

Today was a good day, probably because I was so busy, I had no time to think. I think that many people keep busy just so they don't have to be alone with themselves and think. I wonder how many people in the world do this?
I enjoy being with myself, I am my best friend and also my worst enemy. I remember when I use to hate silence, it drove me crazy! I could not stand it. Now, I actually love it. just to sit and be with myself. I love nature and siting outside just being with nature. I do notice my mind wanders and I catch myself. I have notice when I am in the present, life does them better. I am an activity director working in an assisted living facility, and when I am present with my residents, I feel this wonderful connection with them. It makes the day special.
So, I have been working on the "inner peace" being present thing. It is hard but I am practicing.
I also have a dream of getting my book published. It is not so easy, let me tell you.
But I can not give up, I have to find away. This journey has just begun.
Does Lauren become an author and publish her book "a touch on the shoulder", does she ever find her inner peace she so desire. Stay tuned and find out if dreams do come true.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog... looking forward to it every day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% Blogolicious!

    ReplyDelete