Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lets talk perceptions!

Life is interesting to say the least. One thing I've learned is that perceptions or how we view the world around us is so important in how we live our lives. How people see the world is based on so many things, it based on our past, gender, race, culture, family, society etc. For example our society perceives women is less than men, so we can have the same job as a man but get paid less. Our society also projects "being thin" is attractive and we have 12 year old little girls bulimic to try to "fit" in. The perceptions that is most dangerous to the individual is based on our past and how we are raised. To add to this the ego's mind (cousin it, I call it) and you will have drama and pain to no end. Now, here is the good news, YOU have the power to change that right here and now. You are not that negative mind chatter that tells you are unworthy, you are not your past, and right now you can change your perceptions. You have the power to decide every morning that you will have a good day. You can decide not to get into the so call office drama, and let it go in one ear and right out the other. You can't control what happens but you can control your reaction. I keep mentioning the minds chatter because that will never change and I mean EVER. For example I am a horrible speller and when I write something on the board and a seventeen year old tells me I spell it wrong it does not matter if I 25, 43, 67 my mind will always go to "you are stupid" and if I let that cousin it consume me it can ruin my whole day or maybe my week. I know I am not stupid, so I say thank you for sharing and move on. The key is we can be who ever we want to be, we can change our perceptions, ignore good old cousin it and create what ever we want. Just start slow and choose to have a good day. You can do it. So have a great day guys.
Talk more later
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment