Friday, July 23, 2010

just walk through the door.

I have been trying an exercise for 3 days now and have been failing miserably. Since I have been trying to be present and in the now, I find it difficult at work because I am running around a lot. So, someone suggested as an exercise to try to be present every time I walk through a door or doorway, So I thought to myself, "I can do that". I got up the next morning and was present walking through the door to the bathroom, my bedroom, and out the door on the way to work. I even remembered to be aware walking in the door to work. Well, that was three days ago and I have probably walked through dozens of doorways, and do you think I remembered to be present. Nope, not at all. It is so hard. We, as humans are like the energizer bunny we just keep going and going, and haven't a clue what the hell is going on around us. It is crazy! So my challenge to you, see how long you last and just try to be present one day while walking through a door, or doorways. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment