Monday, July 26, 2010

I am up to the challenge.

Today was a great day. I ate a cup of cereal for breakfast, and went to curves........Just kidding! Like you really want to know what I ate for breakfast.
Sundays & Mondays are my days off. I love having Mondays to myself. I am learning so much on a daily basis. The hardest thing for me is striving for my dream but being present at the same time. My mind jumps to the future a lot. I go back and forth, I find myself worrying about money, and then I bring myself back and feel great. I find myself dreaming about having enough money to do this or that and than bring myself back to now. Now is defiantly better. I have never been fully in my body until the past couple of months, and it is amazing. See I was molested as a child, well actually twice (a double whammy) and I have been out of my body for so many years. I also have been in La La land the same number of years. Over 35 to be exact. I remember being in therapy and crying and the therapist asked me what are you feeling in your body? I was 25 at the time and I had know clue what she was talking about. I had been numb from my neck down for so long. I remembered when the first time I felt something in the pit of my stomach. I was crying about something, and than all of the sudden I was excited and laughing like a child. I felt something for the first time. Wow! So now I feel all the time. It is worth it, to get in touch with your self, your body, the now. Human beings live in fear, it needs to stop. Fear is an illusion that we have created. Think about it was is there really to fear? If you want to make a comment and ask that question, I will be up to the challenge so, lets discuss Fear! Shall we.
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Well Lauren, I like what u say in this post. The 2 deffinitions of FEAR I have learned in my AA program is F.E.A.R.= FUCK EVERYTHING AND RUN OR F.E.A.R.= FACE EVERYTHING AND RECOVER! I have learned to use the FACE EVERYTHING AND RECOVER. LUV CUZ K....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I fear. One of my biggest fears is letting people down. I'm scared of not making people happy. I'm scared of disappointing people. I'm scared of being alone, and I'm scared of letting my thoughts overwhelm me. That's what I fear, Lauren. I felt like someone should answer the question.

    ReplyDelete