Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration! What inspires you? I have learned that I can be who ever I want to be. So I have chosen to be inspiration. Being an activity director for my residents, I get to inspire people all day, and what is wonderful is that they inspire me as well. I have grown attached to these wonderful people. One of my residents who I adored died recently, I miss her, but I thank God for having the opportunity to know her. I asked her once, my 94 year old friend, If you could share one thing your have learned in your life to inspire others, what would that be? Her answer was " even at my age I am still learning" she got the biggest kick out of that.
I am inspired everyday, what is weird is for some reason the wind inspires me so, I call her the wind goddess, and she helps me to bring me back to the now. I see her blowing through the trees and it is almost an reminder "Lauren, just be." Sometimes when I feel her brush by it is almost like a kiss on the cheek, and I stop just to feel her. I love life, and I adore nature. Nature, music, people, I can't believe how much the world inspires me. To think that when I was 20 years old, or even 30 I had no idea that I would be here feeling the way I do.
"oh, what a wonderful world"
So, what is the answer to my question. What inspires you?
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. What inspires me doing what I love in the arts as an entrepreneur. Taking risks, creating something out of nothing and working with artists doing it inspires me the most. Oh, and my dog, James, he inspires me to enjoy life every day.

    ReplyDelete