Friday, November 12, 2010

"Veteran's day from the heart."

I had a hard time planning my Veteran's day event, I had one poem, music and certificates for each of our veterans, but I felt something was missing. I was searching the Internet for something else to say, but could not find anything. So I decided to write something my self and here it is.

I cannot imagine what war is like, all the sacrifices that our men, women and children make for one reason "Freedom". Freedom, for me, means having possibilities.
The possibilities:

To have children, and see them grow
To live in a country where I can make my dreams come true.
To grow old without fear.
And the possibility for peace.

For me all of you gave me a gift, of all of these possibilities. Whether you were on the battlefield, or waiting to be deployed, all of you were willing to do what was necessary for me, for them (pointing to residents & staff) and for future generations.

I want to personally thank you.

Have a great weekend!
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. this one touches my heart Lauren, for my Dad and for Grah..........and for all us baby boomers,

    ReplyDelete