Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Holidays are on there way."

Well the holidays are just around the corner. I use to hate the holidays, it was all about obligation, and no one in my family seemed to really enjoy it. Now, I love them. I am working on Thanksgiving and Christmas day because I want to. I enjoy giving to my residents who don't go anywhere. We have a big Tea Party. We sit around eat appetizers, drink tea & coffee and talk about our lives. Sometimes I have questions in a basket and we each pick one and answer the questions. I love hearing stories from my residents. What is also great is when I come home on Thanksgiving day, Ernie has cooked all day and we are ready to eat. On Christmas Ernie and I celebrate on Christmas Eve. We have a ball. We told our families not to get us any gifts for Christmas and that we were not going to get them any. So, we spend all are money on each other. Ernie and I have about 20 gifts under the tree, including in our stockings. We eat our favorite appetizers, drink beer and listen to Christmas music. We love it! So, now I get excited on the holidays. I love creating new memories. So, what are you doing for the Holidays? It is never too late to created new traditions and new memories.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment