Friday, July 29, 2016

We were all babies once!

People are interesting, we are unique, we have different faces, bodies, colors, beliefs, thoughts and perceptions.  We are more different then you think. Most people view the world around them through their past experiences, from their families, culture, religion and environment. We form these ideas what the world looks like and how things should be. I use to see the world as hell and I hated people, all people, including myself. That is what I had learn from my past experiences. One day after questioning my beliefs, and perception of my world, I started to see thing differently, things I never noticed before; a hawk flying through the air, the wind blowing through the trees, the smiles from strangers, even the colors seem brighter. What changed? My perception changed, I remember a quote, I love quotes, that said "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" The world changed for me. Through all the horrors in this world, there is good. It is in us all, we just can't see it sometimes. One day while driving home, I saw an old, dirty homeless man talking to himself, the thoughts that popped in my head was, "he was once a baby". Was he loved? What was his life like that lead him to this point in time? We all started out with a clean slate, did we not? So, here we are judging, hating, thinking we are better than them, whoever they are. I hope you realize if you were born a Muslim women in Iraq, for example, you wouldn't remotely be who you are today. Do you realize that we created this world, your beliefs affect the world around you. It is your beliefs and ideologies that created hate. We were all born the same, and the only reason our skin colors are different is because where we were born. I now, don't hate the world we live in, I just want to make it better, one day at a time. So, my unique friends, how about we start by looking at our own beliefs and how that affects our world.

If you like what I wrote please hit the follow button for your support.
Thank you,

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I totally had this big elaborate comment explaining my entire existence in a futile attempt to express to you my perception. Then blogspot told me I am full of excrement. hahaha ... well, it said I talk too much essentially. A problem I am always struggling with. How to be succinct. Anyway I'll just say that I see people "waking up" all over the place these days ... myself included and I believe it is partly due to the information age we live in. Education is no longer accessible only by the privileged. We have all the knowledge of recent human history available to us in our pockets. Our news sources and Media is not restricted to "controlled" biased organizations or a single perspective. Amazing times we live in actually. Thank you for sharing your experience

    ReplyDelete